Dalekohlad (n): zariadenie majuce podobny vstah k oku, aky ma telefon k uchu, umoznuje, aby nas vzdialene objekty unavovali mnozstvom nepotrebnych detailov.
The lesson is: never try. - Homer Simpson
Sayings as related to Safe Living March 31, 2006
Compiled by Henry Shovic
* The important things are always simple.
* The simple things are always hard.
* Focus on nothing but see everything,
* What you believe is what you'll achieve
* What do you bring to a knife fight? A gun.
* What do you bring to a gun fight. Two friends with guns.
* Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
* Never leave your wingman.
* Always remember your jet was made by the lowest bidder.
* Train like you plan to fight.
* Always honor a threat.
* If something makes you look up, look down.
* Trust, but verify.
* Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt. Special Olympics
* Know the opposition.
* Good Fences make good neighbors.
* If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
* Know when it's time to get out of Dodge.
* Always know how to get out of Dodge.
* If you make it through, it's up to you.
* Tough times don't last, tough people do.
* Don't let anyone ruin three minutes of your day.
* United we stand, divided we fall
* Beware you who fight with monsters, lest ye become one.
* When you look into the abyss, the abyss looks back into you.
* The more thou sweatest in training, the lest thou bleedest in combat.
* Indeed, if thou hurteth in thy efforts and thou suffer painful dings, then thou are Doing It Right.
* Thou shalt remember there are no rules- Thou Shalt win at any cost.
* Thou Shalt Keep it Simple, Stupid.
* Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
* Watch their hands. Hands kill.
* Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement is preferred.)
* Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
* Pigs get fed; hogs get slaughtered.
* If you dance with a grizzly bear, you'd better let him lead. (The law of volunteering.)
* When putting cheese in the mousetrap, always leave room for the mouse. (The law of avoiding oversell.)
* The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets. (The know-when-to-quit law.)
* Never accept a drink from a urologist. (The law of common sense.)
* There are days when no matter which way you spit, it's upwind. (The first law of reality.)
* When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last. (The second law of reality.)
* Whatever it is that hits the fan, it will not be evenly distributed. (The third law of reality.)
* Never get into fights with ugly people. They have nothing to lose. (The fourth law of reality.)
* Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster. (The fifth law of reality.)
* Reality is a crutch for those who can't cope with fantasy. (The law of goal-setting.)
* The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
* If you're up to your eyeballs in Gomers, you're in combat.
* When in doubt, use industrial strength deterrence.
* Never fly in the same cockpit with someone who is braver than you.
* Priorities are man-made, not God-made.
* A plan never survives the first thirty seconds of combat.
* If it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid.
* Only turn to blow the opposition away; otherwise, run away and fight another guy.
* From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots. --Thomas Jefferson
* "There is no avoiding war, it can only be postponed to the advantage of others. -- Niccolo Machiavelli
* You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win a war by making the other son-of-a-bitch die for his. -- General Patton
* A Purple Heart just proves that were you smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive. --Anonymous
* Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate -- the bombs always hit the ground.--Anonymous
* A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit. - the Army's magazine of preventive maintenance. --Anonymous
* Any ship can be a minesweeper... once. --Anonymous
* Five second fuses only last three seconds. --Anonymous
* Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid. --Anonymous
* Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons! --Anonymous
* Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you. --Anonymous
* Don't ever be the first, don't ever be the last and don't ever volunteer to do anything. --Anonymous
* Don't look conspicuous: it draws fire. --Anonymous
* Friendly fire - isn't. --Anonymous
* If the enemy is in range, so are you. --Anonymous
* If you can't remember, the Claymore is pointed towards you. --Anonymous
* Mines are equal opportunity weapons. --Anonymous
* If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush. --Anonymous
* Incoming fire has the right of way. --Anonymous
* It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed. --Anonymous
* Make it too tough for the enemy to get in and you can't get out. --Anonymous
* Never tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do. --Anonymous
* Odd objects attract fire - never lurk behind one. --Anonymous
* Push to test... Release to detonate. --Anonymous
* Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at. --Anonymous
* The easy way is always mined. --Anonymous
* The enemy invariably attacks on one of two occasions: 1. When you're ready for them. 2. When you're not ready for them. --Anonymous
* The side with the simplest uniforms wins. --Anonymous
* There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole. --Anonymous
* Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo. --Anonymous
* We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction. --Anonymous
* When in doubt empty the magazine. --Anonymous
* When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. --Anonymous
* When you're short of everything but the enemy, you're in combat. --Anonymous
* Who *cares* if a laser guided 500 lb bomb is accurate to within 9 feet? --Anonymous
* Tracers work both ways. --Anonymous
* Fall down seven times, get up eight. (old Japanese proverb)
* We tend to get what we expect. -- Norman Vincent Peale
* You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.
* The true meaning of life is to plant a tree under whose shade you will never sit.