This is a message from the chairs of the Design Challenge at the TEI 2012 conference in Ontario, Canada on the 19-22. February 2012. The call is out there, and we'd like to ask you to pass it to people you deem potentially interested in the challenge.
In a Nutshell:
DESIGN ENTERPRENEUR CHALLENGE: TEI 12 | Main / Design Entrepreneur Challenge http://tei-conf.org/12/Main/DesignChallenge
The promise of tangible, embedded and embodied interaction is to
transform the way we interact with technology. This year's design
challenge aims to push these transformations beyond the conference and
into the world. The winning work will be WANTED, not just liked, by
the jury and the audience of the conference. This means that the
winning project team will have the responsibility to make the design
happen, to produce it and to deliver it to the participants who vote
for it – with their wallet.
Possible results of this challenge could include:
• a static but intelligent artifact that is the result of computational process
• an electronic product that can be easily be built with accessible parts and existing platforms
• a large-scale singular installation or intervention that the
audience is willing to enable with their financial support
31. Nov 2011 Entry deadline (a simple email with details about your team and basic concept )
6. Jan 2012 TEI Early Registration
19-22. Feb. 2012 Conference
• The most votes from the participants.
• The most money collected.
• The judges' award.
Each category will receive $1000 prize on top of the money the votes
add up to. This money is to be used to produce and deliver the works
to the voters.
The details how to submit, and what we are looking for can be found at: TEI 12 | Main / Design Entrepreneur Challenge http://tei-conf.org/12/Main/DesignChallenge
Design Challenge Chairs,
Jussi Ängeslevä & Kate Hartman